Home

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Banff Art Centre - March 12


It is still cold up here in the mountains but the days are clear and sunny.


On our last day in the dye studio, I printed with 2 more deconstructed screens.


Last time I put too much thickened dye on the screen & didn't squeegee it on so the dye came off in lumps & I lost the pattern after only a few passes.
I'm learning lots with this opportunity to work long, uninterrupted hours in the dye studio. When something doesn't work, I can repeat the process straight away, applying what I have just learned.


This time I put the dye on more thinly but I suspect too thinly. I embedded different grids which produced interesting patterns.
I do like this technique for adding lots of pattern to cloth. It is much looser than stamping and stencilling and with practice I think I could develop some control of what is happening. It is a real test of one's knowledge of colour mixing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: