Home

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Celebration Time

Today I posted to the UK the module I have been working on all summer, a semester of work towards a BA(Hons) Embroidered Textiles with the JC School of Textile Arts, which is why I am celebrating by cleaning up my studio. (I know how to have a good time).

From a study of images of The Suit...


I examined the inside of a suit jacket. I took out the lining....


and flayed it on a tree....


...and I worked with all of the interesting interfacing pieces.

Assessment day is next month in the UK where my work will be marked then returned to me.
In the meantime, I am working on the next module. This semester it is a research one and I have decided to study the Art Deco Movement.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jenny Leslie said...

HELLO LESLEY,

YOUR WORK LOOKS VERY INTERESTING, I AM ALSO A STUDENT WITH JC. i AM IN MY LAST YEAR IT ALL FEELS A BIT SCARY BUT ALSO VERY EXCITING. WE HAVE JUST HAD THE INDUCTION DAY IT WAS GOOD TO ALL GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND i FELT JC IS ON A FIRMER FOOTING.

GOOD LUCK JENNY LESLIE

Lesley Turner said...

Hi Jenny, Lovely to hear from you. all the best with your graduation exhibition. Would you recommend I try to get to a Induction Day?

Jenny Leslie said...

Hello Lesley,

Yes i do think the induction day for level three, year two is a good idea to attend. You get much more of a feel for what will be happening for the exhibition and get to know colleagues. We had a viva workshop which made us all anxious but it has stimulated useful thoughts for me.

all the best jenny