Home

Friday, October 16, 2009

Brennan's B 'n' B


The B 'n' B I was raving about in the previous post is called Brennan's.


Another interesting feature it has is the curved windows in the front. During a walk into town we noticed this is not uncommon in old houses in Fredericton. There must have been a very skilled glass maker in town at that time.


This house was built by the Chestnut family (of the Chestnut canoe fame) who were hardware merchants. As soon as I had heard a bit of the house's history I started more closely at the details. I found even the hinges on the doors are engraved.


The radiators have abstract floral designs on them.
I wished I had more time to explore the house but we had to hit the road and move on. There were still lots of leaves to look at.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: