Home

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tony Bounsall Textile Art Photographer

That's what I call him any way. Tony actually has many skills and talents but I call him a textile photographer because he did such an excellent job making digital images of my work. I had to hunt all over Victoria carrying my work with me visiting a number of different photographer's studios before I found someone who understood what I needed.
I am pleased with the soft shadows that highlight the textures and the clarity of the details.
Thanks Tony.

This work is one I will be packaging up tomorrow in preparation for sending to Calgary for the Canadian Quilt Association Biennial Conference in the Telus Convention Centre. It will be in the area where Articulation, as special guests, will have 8 booths full of work.
If you are in Calgary any time between Tuesday 27th April and Saturday 1st May, I do hope you can come downtown and visit us.
There will be 7 Articulation members in town over the week and present in the booth area at all times when the show is open.
Any one of us can give you a guided tour of the work, just ask. If you don't, we will ask you if you would like to know anything about the works.

This work of mine, that Tony did such a good job of photographing, is called 'Provisioning'. If you come down to the Convention Centre I'll tell you all about it. Its got its own story.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gina said...

I wish I could come to Calgary!