Home

Monday, September 13, 2010

Back To Work

Now that Articulation's exhibition in the Victoria College of Art is over, I am back to work on my dissertation for my BA(Hons) degree studies. The subject of my dissertation is a study of my mother's embroidered afternoon tea cloths as I seek to explain why women embroider flowers.
I have put images of the cloths up on a board so it is easy to constantly refer to them as I read, make notes and write the first draft.

A friend lent me this fabulous book that is proving to be an invaluable support for my argument.



I still have the last of my work to store away after it was hung in the exhibition.
Yesterday I took 2 works down to Polychrome, a gallery in Victoria that is mounting the Victoria College of Art faculty show. Unfortunately I will miss the opening because I will be on the east coast of Canada.

I
I have started packing for that trip - my plane ticket and a juicy book to read.
The trip is this year's annual Articulation study session. We are exploring the Bay of Fundy. ReBecca has organised a jam packed itinerary for us. We are all very excited to be getting together again and to be beginning the research for new body of work. We already have some great plans for it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gina said...

Good luck with your dissertation Lesley

chrissythreads said...

Hope the dissertation is progressing OK. I look forward to hearing Articulation's response to Material Girls' Proposal. Have a great trip