Home

Monday, April 25, 2011

Tree Cloths

I am wrapping my 4 trees again. This time I want to encourage more staining on the cloth so i soaked 4 bed sheets in almond milk and left them outside to dry. Then I took them down to the sea.


Two lots of different pre-mordants should encourage the staining.


While I was laying the sheets in the sea and trying not to get too wet myself, 2 men watched while their dog ran for a ball. As I walked back up the beach to the car and passed them, one said, "We have to ask."
I said,"What do you think I was doing?"
"It is either science or art", was the answer.
I told them it was both.


Look how the waves wrapped the sheet into a cinnamon bun bundle.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

RosieK said...

Fascinating and what fun you are having - what mordants are you using? I look forward to seeing the progress!

Lesley Turner said...

the pre-mordants are protein- almond milk & alkaline- sea water.this is the scientific part.