Home

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Articulation Farm Study

Articulation is working on an exciting project. Several years ago, we all spent a week based in Regina while studying farms on the prairies. Leann organised our research week and now she is taking a work from each of us as part of Articulation's proposal to exhibit in many different galleries across Saskatchewan. I'll share the innovative details of the proposal with you later. I want to show you how my 1st piece developed.
This is the beginning of a work I called 'Roadside Weeds'



For this body of work I decided to knit the ground fabric.




There is lots of mixing of yarns to get the blended prairies colours






The finished work with lots of hand stitching on top of the knit ground fabric




'Roadside Weeds'
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Miriam Weaver said...

What a lovely project, I'm looking forward to see how this develops. I liked the previous post Lesley, I was interested in how you are putting the layers over the grass, that's such a brilliant idea.

Lesley Turner said...

thanks, Miriam. It is my sister who has the garden knowledge. We are waiting for the rains to start to really get the process going

Gina said...

What a fun piece Lesley.

Lesley Turner said...

Thanks Gina. i have several more underway. i'll post their progress too. Hope your studies are going well