Home

Thursday, May 31, 2012

May New Moon


When the new moon appeared this month I visited my 4 trees to see what changes had taken place over the previous month.
Douglas-fir needles have grown longer.

Maple leaves have grown from buds to over twice the size of my hand - in 1 month!

Caterpillars are feeding on the new leaves.

New Cedar scales now have rust-orange tips.

Opps, I forgot to take pictures of  white flowers the Arbutus is dropping.
But here are the new irises I planted last September - so lush with lots of symmetries giving them a complex beauty.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I grew up in Quebec with sugar maples and the sugaring-off every spring. Never have I seen a maple leaf so large! Wow!

Lesley Turner said...

It is a Big-leaf Maple so it is true to its name. You must have fond memories of maples in spring