Home

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Company Means A Butchart Visit


When more company arrived there was another visit to the Butchart Gardens. 

This time I focused on looking past the flowers.
When I looked up I saw trees.

When I looked down I saw this interesting fern.

But I couldn't help looking at the flowers.
Many of them were buzzing with activity. 

And these new cyclamen in the Japanese Garden were eye-catching.

As was this 'brain' tree in the Japanese Garden.
It is a good exercise in 'seeing' to go back to a place many times.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Miriam Weaver said...

The garden is really beautiful Lesley, your visitors are so lucky. I think you'll find that the crocus is in fact cyclamen persicum, they are a pretty little flower, I have them in my garden they flower before the leaves appear.

Margaret said...

It's been years since I've been to the Butchart..but oh! Such wonderful flora and fauna! That 'brain' tree is particularly intriguing.

And thank you for the reminder to visit a spot regularly to really *see* it -- including spots we pass by every day, and often take for granted...

Lesley Turner said...

Thanks Miriam for identifying the little flower correctly. I shouldn't even attempt to name plants because my knowledge is so limited.

Lesley Turner said...

Too true, Margaret

Miriam Weaver said...

It's one of the only flowers I know Lesley and thats because they spread like mad in my garden!