Home

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

ArtSea Artist-in-Residence at Lilaberry, Sidney BC

I am spending 8 days working next to the front window of Lilaberry Home Decor here as part of the Artsea Festival. 
Lilaberry Home Decor is a fabulous shop owned by Chris Stephen. All stock is artfully staged to appeal to all senses. There is so much to see one can easily get lost in thought, possibilities and wonderings.

During the 2 weeks of the festival over 50 artists are demonstrating, showing their work and giving talks in the retail area of Sidney-by-the-Sea.


I am working 10:30 to 5:30 every day in my mini studio.
It took several days to get this work set up so I would be able to work on it in the space.
I am needle-weaving into burlap in layers: torn fabric strips, thicker yarns, finer yarns, threads. There are 3 panels in this work which provides me with more than enough work for the week.


I get to talk to lots of the customers about my work.
The festival works to get the public closer to the arts and it helps to build the relationship between the business community and the arts community in the town.

No comments: