Home

Friday, January 11, 2008

What is my Passion?

As I approach the next semester & last module of Level 1 of the BA(Hons) Stitched Textiles programme that I have immersed myself in, I am being asked to think about what I want to be when I grow up, oops, I mean- when I graduate. My level 2 tutor is making me think about the combination of modules I want to take and I am finding this thinking is hard work.
It has made me think about all of those young people I repeatedly ask what they want to do with their lives. I must now publicly apologise to all of them for asking, so casually, such a hard question just to satisfy my curiosity.
I have read that when adults ask younger people 'what do you want to be when you grow up', what they are really looking for is ideas for themselves.
What I really mean when I ask the question is, 'what is your passion?' 'Have you found your passion yet?' and that is what my tutor is now asking me to identify.
'What is my passion?

No comments: