Home

Friday, October 24, 2008

Performance Art

During one of my earlier Opus BA modules I was exploring wrapping the environment. I wrapped a fabric covered cotton cord around a tree stump and left it. Periodically, I have been photographing it to see how it has changed while out in the elements.
Yesterday I looked out of the window and saw the cord being used in a performance.

An ecstatic/frantic squirrel was pulling the cord up to his nest. When the cord suddenly tightened the squirrel was jerked to a stop with a back flip.


He dropped the end and had to retrieve it from the ground. Then he started pulling the end apart -and filling his cheeks with cotton before returning to his nest.


That is how my environmental art turned into performance art. I am waiting to catch the encore.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

chrissythreads said...

Oh Lesley, so sweet. I had a squirrel bury some of my decaying leaves way back in modlue 1 perhaps they are actualy artists at heart!