Home

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Julia Caprara's Buttonhole Textile


I found some more images of the work I posted yesterday. This close up shows the work with the 3rd layer - the buttonhole stitch starting to be built up.


The buttonhole stitch works to blend and highlight specific areas of the textile.

This is another work using Julia's technique. It is a Rockies scene where fireweed is colonising an alluvial deposit. I still need to work in more of the buttonhole stitched flowers before it is finished.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Judy Martin said...

Lesley, these pieces of yours are gorgeous. They do seem to capture the rugged beauty of Canada. Thanks for posting them. I can see why you feel so indebted to Julia Caprara.

arlee said...

Thank you for all of these retrospective/introspective posts about Julia.
I shall have to add this to the arsenal as i've been doing a lot of hand stitching lately.