Home

Friday, March 6, 2009

Banff Art Centre - March 6


Yesterday we spent most of the day in the dye and print studios. After Ingrid's demo on making a deconstructed screen with thickened dyes, I made one and left it overnight to cure. The next day I printed through it onto a length of soda ash soaked cloth. This is the first layer of colour with the 2nd colour, blue, ready to be pushed through.


This morning I rinsed it after it had cured overnight.


...and hung it to dry. I won't be able to see the complexity of the layering and colour mixing until it is dried and ironed. The stringy stuff in front is cheese cloth. I was wanting analogous warm and cool but the warm is too much like salmon so I will be over-dyeing it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Judy Martin said...

It looks as if you are all having a marvelous time in Banff. Wish I was there to use that gorgeous studio. I'm sure that you are each feeling pushed to try new things and this experience will pay off in future. Congratulations to all of you and a special hi to Lesley and Ingrid.

Judy Martin said...

It looks as if you are all having a marvelous time in Banff. Wish I was there to use that gorgeous studio. I'm sure that you are each feeling pushed to try new things and this experience will pay off in future. Congratulations to all of you and a special hi to Lesley and Ingrid.