Home

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dissertation

 For my BA(Hons) studies I wrote my dissertation on my mother's 4 embroidered afternoon tea cloths.




...and one cloth I was given by her friend when I became engaged.
I learned so much. I am continuing to study the ideas raised in my next module of work, which started this week.
My holiday is over and I am back to work.
On Tuesday I had the first lesson for the 12 week 'Mark Making With Machine' course at Victoria College of Art. Except for losing light at one end of the studio after a power surge, the lesson went well. I had fun and all of the students worked hard at getting to know their sewing machines.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

The tea cloths are lovely - and I see you will be doing course work as well as assigning it :). Stitching away...