Home

Friday, June 3, 2011

Menier Chocolate Factory



While Ingrid and I were in London, one of our missions was to look at the space we will be exhibiting in next year, the Menier Chocolate Factory, near London Bridge.




There will be approximately 12 of us graduating so we need a bigger space than the gallery this year's 6 graduates had.


There are 2 floors to the gallery...


...and a variety of exhibiting spaces.
It is good to know what the space looks like but I don't know if it will influence my work or not, or if I should let it be an influence - I'll have to ask my tutor on that one.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Miriam Weaver said...

The Menier is a fantastic gallery, I've seen some wonderful exhibitions there. And it's in a great part of London!

Gina said...

It looks a fabulous space - look forward to seeing your exhibition there.

Judy Martin said...

This and the other six or so posts you showed of the 2011 graduates and their work have been extremely helpful to me, Lesley. Thank you very much for sharing them.

I think that knowing what the gallery space is like should influence your work. It has to. You have made a good decision to visit London and see the space.

How tall were the walls? Were there any that were 15 feet high?

Lesley Turner said...

Hi Judy, i picked up floor plans for you. I will mail them to you. They will help you when planning your exhibition space.