Home

Monday, March 5, 2012

BA(Hons) Graduation Exhibition Work


I have been rather quiet on my blog this past month or so because I have had my head down stitching. I am working on my final work for a degree I have been pursuing for the past 6 years. Soon I will be finished. My final work began over 2 years ago when I initiated a series of dialogues within the forest I live in. One of these dialogues involved wrapping cloth around tree trunks.

I wanted the trees to leave their marks on the cloths.
I selected 4 different types of trees, hoping for distinctive marks from each one.


Cedar - Arbutus - Douglas-fir - Maple
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Lesley, I have just discovered your blog. Many congrats on being so close to graduation! I am thrilled to see your wrapped trees and wonder if you know about our project over on wraptrees blogspot? Here is the url:
http://wraptrees.blogspot.com/
It was a wonderful experiment, the trees supplying varying degrees of "marks." Wish we'd all known of each other, it would have been a great to have another *wrapper* in our merry band!
All best to you and your course work.

Lesley Turner said...

Hi Sweetpea - i am always delighted by serendipity and not surprised to learn there were others who wrapped trees at the same time i started. The time was right. i enjoyed looking at your groups' results.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice your Blog !!!!!!!!!
we all appreciate with your post. We wait for next post.
Thanks for sharing.
BA Certification