Home

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tree Cloths Removed


In March 2011, after 14 months, I took the tree cloths off the trees, laid them on the grass to dry then brought them inside. They were washed and ironed.


Were these domestic activities to be my response in the dialogue?


Each tree made distinctively different marks. 

I left the cloths up on the wall for quite a while, not sure how I was going to continue the dialogue.


What did I want to say?


My tutor advised me it was time for more sampling.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous markings to speak to!

Judy Martin said...

These are so gorgeous as they are, aren't they.

I LOVE them.

It's really tricky to stitch into the beautiful subtlety left by mother. What more can one say?

Lesley Turner said...

Thank you Yvonne & Judy. Yes, the question of what to do next took me many months to answer. how could i add beauty to beauty?