Home

Monday, April 16, 2012

Weather Challenges During Winter


Over winter there were a number of challenges I had to respond to.
A wet, heavy snow accumulation broke the string and the 2nd Cedar cloth fell down.
The lace insert  in the top of the Maple cloth was decaying and tore on a snag.
During a wind storm my husband and I watched the Douglas-fir cloth flapping wildly. My husband is a sailor and said, 'Now there's a sail maker's friend.' During a lull in the wind I raced out and cut the cloth off the tree.
Now 3 cloths were inside for their own survival. 

During another wind storm a tree was blown down.  One of its roots flew up in the air and pinned the Arbutus cloth against the tree. 

Luckily, my sailor is also a lumberjack and he was able to rescue the cloth once the storm had passed.

Thankfully, no damage was done.
But the winter was hard on the cloths.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm fascinated by your process, Lesley. I don't understand it, or why you're drawn to it, but I can't look away.

Lesley Turner said...

I think i understand what is going on. I was born in the New Zealand rainforest and now I want to get to know my new home, the Canadian rain forest. I am also exploring the concepts of 'home' and nurturing in the house paralleling what we need to do in our natural environment.
Thanks for your interest, too.