Home

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Installation Progress


Reluctantly, I have altered the bed sheets. Each sheet will hang from a wooden beam threaded through the top hem. The hem pocket needed to be wider to accommodate the beam.  

Also, the hem fabric is so fragile in its decayed state I doubt it would support the whole sheet for long. I opened up the hem and reinforced it with interfacing and sewed it back making it larger.

It was exciting to go to cabinet maker Chris Mead's workshop to see the frame he has made.

We got a lesson on how to assemble the frame without damaging any of the joints or fastenings.

I made a list of all of the tools I need to take to London with me. 
 

Chris holding up the assembled frame, without the bedsheets.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joe Lewis said...

Ingrid Lincoln just sent me the press release for this show, It seems it might be time to do a follow up story on you as one of the "Finishing School" profiles in fibreQUARTERLY from 2007