Home

Friday, February 22, 2013

Sewing Machines


When I left home at 17 my parents gave me a Bernina sewing machine.

I gave my machine a thorough cleaning and oiling...

...and put it, with all of its accessories, into its case...

...and tucked it under my sewing table....

...because I have bought new machine.
There is much excitement in my studio.

My sewing corner got a thorough cleaning while I just looked at my new machine and felt a little sad about my faithful old Bernina tucked under the table (just in case I need it).
It will be a steep learning curve to go from an all mechanical 40-year old machine to working with the newest addition to Bernina's stable. I am ready to master my new machine.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

chrissythreads said...

Pooh looks very star ship Enterprise! Have fun.

chrissythreads said...

That should be oooh not pooh - spell check !

ReBecca P said...

don't put the old machine to far away. You'll be surprise on how often you'll need it to do something else. My New Phaff has a place and the old Pfaff is stiil dragged out .Its good to take on Demo/ Sew days at the Quilt Guild

Margaret said...

I gladly gave up my Whyte workhorse some years ago when it died and I replaced it with a little mechanical Husqvarna 225. Was in heaven because it has a free-arm! Now I have a not-so-mechanical Husqvarna that's my "usual" machine...and my other waits patiently to be carried to retreats or workshops...Love them both, like my kids -- equally, but not the same! May you enjoy many hours with your new baby. :-)

Lesley Turner said...

Thanks ReBecca for your wise words. Margaret, i didn't say in the post what an emotional time it was cleaning & packing up my old machine but I think you would understand what I experienced. Chris - yes it is very Starship-ish. Sometimes it gets away on me then I feel as though I am training a powerful horse and am not always in full control.