Home

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Synesthesia #2


Using my trusty Color Tool I sort fabrics and threads for the 2nd work in the Synesthesia series.

The high value threads and fabrics I have in my stash are mostly low in intensity.

The mid value fabrics and threads are also mostly low in intensity.

The low value fabrics and threads are brighter. 

A quick black and white photograph to check the value of the patterned fabric, a lovely silk I really want to use.

Hmm, use high value low intensity...

...or mid to low value with higher intensity?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nicole said...

mid to low value with higher intensity is what I think. Good luck!

Lesley Turner said...

thanks for the vote, Nicole

Margaret said...

I've been away at SAQA conference in Santa Fe -- browns in varying values and intensities. These greens are so fresh after that -- hard to know what to say! But...I agree with Nicole...though that lime piece will need careful watching to make sure she behaves! :-)

Lesley Turner said...

Hi Margaret - do hope you had a good time in Santa Fe. You are right about that lime piece - it didn't qualify - too liveley