Home

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cord Making Project


In between projects I was clearing up the studio when I saw how big my collection of 2nd hand machine thread had grown.
I decided to make a few cords with it, before moving on to my next project.
I started by sorting the big bag full into 24 hue groups.

I collected up the ends of 20 to 30 spools....

...and put the containers of colour grouped spools on the floor under my machine.

I passed the bundle of threads through the machine to be secured with a wide, open zig zag....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

chrissythreads said...

Happy New Year Lesley from your colleagues on the other side of the pond.

Margaret said...

I very much admire how you made that look so easy. I envision tangled thread everywhere -- including in the jaws of my cats!

Have a Happy New Year!

Miriam Weaver said...

Brilliant idea Lesley. Happy New Year!

Lesley Turner said...

thanks everyone for the new year's wishes. 2014 is going to be a good year