Home

Friday, November 20, 2015

Making Mola Pillows working at the Ironing and Cutting Centres



While making the mola pillows, I worked at 2 more centres in my studio.

The Ironing Centre
The ironing board has an extension to make it a rectangular shape better suited to ironing lengths of cloth. I have 2 irons a steam iron and a dry iron.


The power outlets for the irons and the sewing machine were put into the floor to keep the cords from crossing the work surfaces.

The rack under the ironing surface holds a variety of pressing clothes, water sprayers and spray starch.

The Cutting Centre
After the mola had been steamed I walked a couple of steps to the cutting centre. 
It sits in the middle of the area where I can move around all 4 sides while cutting. It saves on the number of times the fabric has to be repositioned.

The left-over cork floor tiles on the left I thought would make a useful cutting surface when using the Exacto knife but the cutting rulers bumped up against the tiles so they had to go.

I moved them across the walkway to the drawing centre.
After a minor adjustment, I found the Ironing Centre and the Cutting Centre work fine.




No comments: