Home

Monday, December 6, 2010

Dialogue with a Maple Tree

Several months ago, just as the autumn leaves began to fall, i placed a table cloth under a maple tree.
I watched as it became covered with fallen leaves and disappeared.

Yesterday i decided it was time to find it and take it inside.

As I brushed the leaves away i found lots of black and pink! staining.

This horned animal skull shaped motif on the corners of this tablecloth is one i have been researching for my dissertation. The shape is known as a bucranium.
I will now gently wash the cloth. I'll show you the results when it is dry and ironed.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow - this is synchronous for me, as that bucranium image has been coming up in my work and elsewhere - startling to see it emerge on your cloth from under the leaves. Your cloth has beautiful colours and markings!

Lesley Turner said...

It keeps popping up in front of me everywhere too. Have you seen Georgia O'Keeffe's bucranium series, with strategically placed flowers?

Yvonne said...

I was thinking of Georgia O'keefe's work, too - I have a book of hers with a few of those images.